Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Rebs... 24 Hours After A Crushing Loss To South Carolina


Ok... I've had about a day to deal with yesterday's game and have come up with some new insights concerning the state of affairs concerning our football team.  Hopeless is a good word to describe my feelings shortly after the game but that was when I still had the echo of the Myrtle Beach Talk Radio homers ringing in my ears.  This afternoon I had a chance to see the replay on the TV and I have to honestly say that I had my hope restored.  Yes, I am still disappointed in the outcome but now that I have had a while to process and seen the game with my own eyes all is not lost.  It seems like we lost the game in the last 4 minutes of the third quarter and the first 4 minutes of the fourth.  We played relatively well the rest of the game.  The only questions that linger now concern the absence of defense in the second half... oh, how I long for a game like Greg Hardy had last year against Alabama.  And I do wish Dexter would hold on to the ball inside the 5.  But think about this... even though he's hated like a case of the clap, Spurrier is good offensive coach.  More importantly maybe is the fact that we, put up more points on the nation's top defense than anyone else this year... more than Georgia and more than everyone's apparent SEC champ, Vandy.  
As I look at the rest of the schedule I do see at least 3 more wins in there.  I feel pretty confident in our efforts against State, Arkansas and Louisiana Monroe.  I also feel pretty confident against Aubarn, as well.  All in all, a much better place than where we've been in the past couple of years.  Call me crazy but I think we'll be playing football after Thanksgiving.
Cooler heads now prevail... Hotty Toddy!

No comments: