Friday, August 1, 2008

One Month And Counting

So here it is... August 1st,  and we are just under one month away from strappin' it on and tee'n it up!  I generally get pretty jazzed about the upcoming football season but for some reason, this year I am especially jacked up.  Perhaps its the way last season ended or the changes that have taken place since that dreadful fourth quarter... I don't know... I am ready for the new start that September brings.  In looking over the schedule I really want to dismantle Alabama.  I mean we could lose every game and win in Tuscaloosa and I wouldn't be that upset... well I'd be a little upset... but not totally destroyed like last year.  The only time I've ever been to a game in Tuscaloosa was when we played (and beat) Alabama for their homecoming game.  I remember the article in one of the Tuscaloosa rags that declared Ole Miss as, "everyone's choice for a homecoming opponent".  I also remember walking back to my friend's fraternity house seeing stunned fans sitting on the curb crying... I mean grown men openly sobbing!  That was a fine day.

No comments: