Monday, November 17, 2008

Saturdays In The Fall...A Pictorial


Before we launch into the annual wonderfulness that is LSU Hate Week,  I think there are few loose ends that need to wrapped up concerning our trip to Auburn last week for their football game with Georgia.  As stated in earlier posts, this was my first trip to the plains and now, in hindsight, I gotta say it was a pretty good time... not too painful.  Still doesn't come close to the game day experience at Ole Miss.  
The powers that be decided it would be best if this game was the "JP or Lincoln Financial or whatever they calling  it" game of the week, so that meant an early start from Atlanta to get there for the 11:30 kickoff.  In addition to the early kickoff, I learned that the friends we were going to meet for the pre-game festivities would be tailgating in a parking deck.  Needless to say, my expectations weren't too high.  We secured the tickets and then hunted around Auburn for a liquor store to replenish supplies... that drive was a little longer than anticipated.  What we found was perhaps the worst liquor store in all the land but were successful in stocking up on some of their top shelf vodka... Popov in a plastic bottle!  All this took more time than we figured so we just ended up eating lunch in our parking spot and heading for the stadium.  Here's the deal.  I thought the plains were supposed to flat.  Seems like we damn near scaled a mountain trying to get up to campus.  There were moments when I was looking for sherpa support and fixed ropes.  Got to our seats just in time to find out we missed the damn bird... the only thing I really wanted to see was that bird flying around the stadium... and we missed it.  Like I said, we had great seats and by great seats I mean seats on the 50.  Turns out my friend is the great grand daughter of some guy named Hare... as in Jordan Hare Stadium.   Which also means were sitting around a bunch of uptight alumni... who sat quietly most of the game.  The rest of the stadium, however, was pretty rowdy.  Its been a long time since I've been in a honest to God hostile environment.  The game turned out to be better than expected but I didn't care.  I was more concerned with updates of the absolute shellacking that was happening in Oxford.  In the end the dawgs won another game in the waning moments and I had the rare opportunity walk around with a little swagger knowing we had already beat the war eagle tigers just a couple of weeks earlier.


Game day festivities

Team is about to come out

A crappy season...but full stadium

Waving that flag

Sun finally came out





disgustingly small tron
Wingnut

Hug It Out

Damn... we were having a nice afternoon then she showed up

No comments: